SOBI2 one way integration to PayPal
If you ever wondered why there are SOBI listings an no payments showing up in your PayPal, it seems SOBI2 has a one-way integration to PayPal.
This short article shows an email about this problem. After the email, there are a few screen shots to help guide the admin on how to manage payments in SOBI2.
On Wed at 7:20 PM, <
First of all, thanks for all your assistance last week.
I think I am a bit lost with the directory listings, so just need to clarify a few things
1. I got a Payapl payment for $10 from you, so I am presuming that the Paypal is working okay when people register on the site.
The directory component is called SOBI2. This component allows people to add entries and then collect fees via PayPal. After adding an entry, it asks the person how they would like to pay. At that point they "should" click on the PayPal icon.
- if they do, they are taken to PayPal. Then if the transaction is completed funds are moved.
- if they do NOT click on the PayPal icon, OR if they cancel out of the PayPal process, funds are NOT moved.
In ANY case, the directory entry is published. This is a limitation of the SOBI2 component. It integrates TO PayPal but not FROM PayPal. Meaning the PayPal transaction does not "talk back" to SOBI2.
It seems the SOBI2 forums confirm this.
So, for now this is something we have to live with...
2. Your payment was for $10. I recollect that we set the fee at $10. Looking at the site, I cannot see the fee. Is that perhaps because I have not completed the form
Try adding an entry and go to completion, you'll see the option at the end to pay with PayPal. You'll have to click on the PP icon to be redirected to PayPal.
3. Finally, can you tell me those I need to send Paypal notifications for (i.e. requests for payment)? There are a few ads on the site and I need to keep up with where we are.
I am attaching a couple of screen shots to show you how/where to look. I tried to name the files with a useful filename and numbered them in order to look at (the steps).
Try these out after you login to the back end:
4. Would the site send out an annual automatic notification
Notifications are sent. You can create an entry, then in the back end, click on the new entry and then click on the "Publishing" tab. Change the "Expires at" date to 2 days from now. You should receive an email notifying you the entry is about to expire.
Sorry, if I am asking queries that have already been sorted. Trying to get my head round the site more.
If this helps understand better, let me know. If you need more - I'm here to serve.
Peace & Joy
Now - What?
Use the free plugin called "Payments" for SOBI2 by JoomlaPowerTools. You can download it here:
Here are the screen shot that may help. It presumes you login to the Joomla Back End.
1. Go to SOBI2
2. Click on Plugins
3. Click on Payments
4. What to do next (click on image for larger view)