Using the integrated Category&Entry Manager in the back-end all categories and entries can be managed comfortably. Entries and categories can be deleted, unpublished and moved.
A Field Manager can be used to configure each field entirely. This concerns the ordering, obligatory fields, fees, field length (width of field and number of characters), field type (textfield, textarea, checkbox, checkbox group, select list, text code or calendar), search methods, in which view a field should be shown (cards view and/or Details View), and much more. An unlimited number of new custom fields can be added.
For each entry two images can be uploaded (besides the linked images in the description). The images will be resized to an adjusted size. With the URL field "image" it is possible to add fields for linked images.
An alpha index is available to show only entries starting with a specified letter. Also only the most popular entries and categories, the recently updated entries, the new entries or entries by tags (mata keywords) can be shown.
To let the customer pay for the not for free options easily, a connection to PayPal is integrated.
In a menu module all categories can be shown in tree view or all main categories in a flat view. An extended search function gives the possibility to search within the existing values of one or more fields or within a specific category.
SOBI 2 works with "Register Globals" and "Register Globals Emulation" off.
SOBI 2 is released under the GPU/LGPL licence.
- Multi-Level Categories (unlimited nesting depth)
- Adding Multiple Subcategories at once
- User definable fields (textarea/inputbox/checkbox/checkbox group/select list/calendar)
- Wide possibilities of configuration
- Dynamic Page Titels (SEO)
- RSS Feeds (configurable to show latest, random, etc. entries)
- Configurable Way Search (Routing) Function
- Integrated Google Maps connection
- Security Image for spam protection (not Joomla! 1.5.x)
- Extended Search Function
- Category Search
- Integrated Version Checker
- Anonymous entry and/or for registered users (only)
- Edit and delete functions for the user (via frontend)
- Integrated Wysiwyg-Editor (frontend)
- Meta Keywords & Description (SEO)
- Show entries by tags (meta keys)
- Image Upload (max size configurable)
- Supports field URLs http, email, linked image and linked media file (video/audio)
- Text code field for Add/Edit Entry form to show individual information
- Support for multiple languages
- Connection to Paypal
- Category & Entry Manager
- Fast Sigsiu Tree for categories selection
- CSS file editable within backend (w/o Codepress)
- Templates for Details View and V-Card, editable within Backend (w/o Codepress)
- Language Manager to install new languages
- Confirmation emails for author and/or system operator
- User group for system emails selectable (multiple selection possible)
- Email Templates with placeholders for various data, editable via backend
- Alphabetical index for category and entry selection
- Show most popular entries and categories (or entries only)
- Show recently updated entries
- Show new entries
- Cache Function for acceleration
- Debug Mode
- Plugin Manager and Plugin Interface for 3rd party plugins
- Extension for OpenSEF available
- Menu module (tree or flat view) available
- Searchbot (plugin) for standard Joomla! Search function available
- Various plugins available
- Various modules available
- Sigrid Suski aka Trinity (www.Sigsiu.NET) - Core Developer, Quality & Testing, Documentation, Support
- Radek Suski aka Neo (www.Sigsiu.NET) - Core Developer, Software Engineering, Support
- Doug S. aka Syrinx - Quality & Testing, Documentation, Support
- Ken McDonald aka Kenmcd - Documentation, Quality & Testing, Support, Public Relations