PowerPoint Slide show in Joomla
How to create a PowerPoint slide show and embed it into Joomla content.There are not many free modules or components that provide an appealing way to display Microsoft powerpoint slides in your website. If you are using Joomla and YooTheme extensions, here is a little how to...
Example for Joomla 1.0.x and the YooTheme extension - YooGallery. Have the module installed
While in PowerPointDo this for each slide
- Save As
- Save as type: Select JPEG File Interchange Format
- Give it a filename (give each a filename that is alphabetical for the file listing - unix uses ASCII ordering)
- Click Save
- Click Current Slide Only
Outside of Power Point
- You must know the maximum width for your template
- Use an image/photo tool
- Resize each image created in PowerPoint
- Give the resize tool the maximum template (display) width and let the tool calculate th height.
Joomla Back End
- Create a directory in your images folder giving it a relevant name for your slide show
- Upload the resized files into this directory
- Edit the YooGallery module parameters and change the directory to the /images/yourpresentationdir.
- Modify any of the other parameters as needed
You can have multiple copies of the YooGallery showing different slide shows. Be sure the images directory is different. This means for every slideshow presentation, the images must be in their own separate directory. YooGallery displays all the files in the specified directory.